BRAZEAU HYDRO PUMPED STORAGE
A potential to generate up to 900 MW of renewable energy in Alberta
INNOVATIVE ENERGY GENERATION WORKS LIKE A ‘RECHARGEABLE BATTERY’
The proposed Brazeau Hydro Pumped Storage project works like a rechargeable battery; storing water for renewable generation when demand is low and generating power when there is demand for it. Learn more about pumped storage here.
LEADING CANADIAN HYDRO INNOVATION
- Creating local jobs and investing more than $1.8 billion dollars in Alberta’s economy – made in Alberta, for Alberta
- Power to your homes and businesses with renewable generation
- Supports the power grid when the wind doesn’t blow and the sun doesn’t shine – backstopping intermittent renewable sources
- Investing in the future – long-term renewable generation with a 100+ year life span
- Ensuring competitive electricity costs to support provincial economic growth
A UNIQUE COLLABORATION WITH THE PROVINCE AND COMMUNITIES
“Alberta has lots of energy. As you move into wind and solar, you don’t have it when you need it. Brazeau really allows you to take that energy and store it for when it’s needed and consume it when it’s not.”
– Alex McNichol, Project Developer, Brazeau Hydro Pumped Storage
TALK TO US
Do you have a favorite camping or fishing spot, or a treasured birdwatching place? We want to hear how you are using the Brazeau area for recreation.
Fill out our survey to let us know!
STAY IN THE LOOP
What to get updates of news about the project? Sign up for our mailing list and get stories, calls for RFP’s and other materials to keep you in the know.
TransAlta will use your email address solely to provide you with information about the Brazeau Hydro project and will not disclose your email to any third parties.